Successful businesses need attorneys experienced in labor and employment law. We routinely defend employers in:
- federal and state court lawsuits involving wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, defamation, overtime, employee benefit and similar claims;
- labor arbitration cases; and
- proceedings before administrative agencies such as: the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and its state counterpart in the Texas Workforce Commission (“TWC”), the Department of Labor (“ DOL”) and the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”).
We also help employers by:
- drafting employment agreements, personnel policies and similar documents;
- handling collective bargaining issues and negotiations; and
- advising on difficult employee and labor relations issues such as FMLA and ADA accommodation questions, investigations, disciplinary actions and terminations, affirmative action programs, and compliance with the many interrelated federal and state laws that affect employment relationships.
While we pride ourselves on thorough and aggressive defense of our clients, we also understand that labor and employment law problems can create a significant toll on a client’s finances, time and human resources. We therefore work with clients to provide cost-effective preventive measures and solutions.
Our clients include both private employers and governmental entities. Examples of the industries with which we are frequently engaged include refining, petrochemicals, health care, manufacturing, retail and financial services.