- University of Texas at Austin, BA Plan 2 Honors, 1963
- University of Texas at Austin Doctor of Jurisprudence with Honors 1965
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Courts:
- E.D. Texas
- S.D. Tex.
- N.D. Tex.
- W.D. Tex.
Hoke Peacock II has a broad-based practice primarily in business litigation. Hoke has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America, a Woodward White, Inc. publication in each year since 1997. Over the last 50 years, he has been a bond lawyer, a contracts lawyer, a real estate lawyer, and a trial lawyer. He has always tried the odd or different cases, from wage and hour disputes in the late 1960’s, securities arbitrations in the 1970’s, bankruptcy cases in the 1980’s, business disputes in the 1990’s, to patent infringement cases as plaintiff and defendant in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. He was lead counsel for the City of Beaumont in proceedings to recover $20,000,000 it lost in the ESM Government Securities debacle, which cases were in Florida, New York, and Texas, and were in state and federal courts, including bankruptcy court. Ultimately, the City recovered $22,000,000 from ESM and its principals and from the banks and auditors that made the ESM scam possible. Hoke also represents several mineral owners in disputes with surface interests and other mineral owners.
Distinctions and Honors:
While attending the University of Texas School of Law, Hoke was an associate editor of the Texas Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif and a member of the Friar Society.
Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law since this specialty was first recognized by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 1983. He served on the Real Estate Specialization Examination Commission the following year and for a number of years thereafter, ultimately becoming Chairman of that Commission. Hoke has also been Board Certified in Civil Trial by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1991. Thereafter, he served on the Civil Trial Specialization Examination Commission for 10 years. He is one of only a dozen or so Texas lawyers that are Board Certified in both Commercial Real Estate Law and Civil Trial Law and is the only lawyer who has ever served on both examination commissions for these specialties.
- Hoke is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation and a Proctor of the Maritime Law Association of the United States.
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, the Trial Lawyer Honorary Society and Member, Diversity Law Institute.
Presentations and Articles:
- Hoke is actively involved in business affairs serving as a director emeritus of Stabilis Solutions, Inc. (Symbol SLNG).
- Hoke is an avid sporting clays competitor in Master class shooting several thousand registered targets each year and competing at Nationals each year since 2011.