- Texas Tech School of Law, J.D., 2014
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2010
- McCombs School of Business
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- E.D. Texas
- S.D. Texas
- N.D. Texas
Jefferson delivers a personal and practical approach to solving problems. He handles a diverse range of complex civil litigation, including personal injury, wrongful death, commercial litigation, products liability, premises liability, and construction defects. An effective advocate, Jefferson has tried numerous defense and plaintiff cases to successful verdicts both locally and across Texas.
Additionally, Jefferson concentrates on appellate law and revisory writing of briefs and legal documents to reshape content structure, recraft sentence sharpness, and present polished arguments in plain English.
As a native to Jefferson County and its judicial history, he is also frequently hired as local counsel at the state and federal levels to navigate the waters of Jefferson County and the surrounding venues.
Distinctions and Honors:
- Administration of the Texas Rules of Evidence, member 2017-present
- Southeast Texas “40 Under 40” 2017, Greater Beaumont Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership State Bar of Texas, 2016-2017
- National Order of the Barristers
- TYLA National Mock Trial Competition
- Regional Champion
- Texas Tech Law Board of Barristers
- Chairman and Top Gun Award Recipient
- Texas Tech Law Review, Vol. 46
- Outstanding Comment Award
- Board of Directors, Foundation for Southeast Texas
- Board of Directors, The Michelle F. Mehaffy American Inn of Court
- Board of Directors, Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
Presentations and Articles:
- Appellate Law: 85th Legislative Session Update
- Jefferson County Bar Association CLE, 2017
- Adapting to Change: Effective Legal Writing
- Jefferson County Bar Association CLE, 2016
- So How Do You Hold This Thing Again?: Why the Texas Supreme Court
Should Turn the Safety Off the Negligent Entrustment of a Firearm Cause of Action
- 46 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 489 (2014).